Inform Us of a Maintenance Issue
Simply fill out the form to the left and we will address you maintenance issue. If it is an emergency that requires immediate attention, please call (970) 245-1133 during business hours or (855) 559-5525 after business hours.
If this is a life threatening emergency call 911 immediately.
Release of Key
I understand that by submitting a maintenance request, I am authorizing the release of a key to a vendor unless otherwise stated.
Common maintenance issues:
If you leave your keys inside your home, please call a roommate to let you in. If this is not an option, you may pick up a key at our office. If it is after hours or weekends, you will need to contact a locksmith.
We have included some information on the specific appliances that can be found in your apartment, condo, or single family home. Hopefully this will answer some of the questions you may have about operating them.
- Dishwasher - The most common requests for dishwasher repairs are due to paper, food, new dish labels, broken glass, etc. collecting in the dishwasher's drain that prevent it from draining properly. This can cause water to pool in the base of the machine and leak from the sides. You can prevent this by periodically checking the drain on the bottom of the machine and clearing it of debris. Also, be sure to peel labels off of new dishware before placing it in the dishwasher.
- Refrigerator - If the light bulb burns out, unscrew it and bring it to any hardware store to find an identical replacement. If it becomes necessary to defrost your refrigerator, use the defrost cycle and let it defrost in its own time. Rushing the process with a knife or an ice pick may result in damage for which you have to pay. Be sure to clean up the water after defrosting.
- Garbage Disposal - The most common request for a not working disposal when switched ON, is a reset button located on disposal unit usually at the bottom needs to be pushed in.
- There usually is a jam inside of the disposal causing the wheel and blades and motor to not operate.
- Make sure disposal is off and unplugged before reaching into drain. With a pair of tongs or long wooden spoons remove loose debris from inside the disposal. After extracting any items (if any) use tongs/spoons to turn inside rotating wheel and blades to move freely, if it does not move and free jam, call for maintenance. . Under the sink on the bottom side of the disposal unit, there is a red reset button. Press it. Run a slow stream of water and then attempt to restart disposal. If this does not work, call Premier Property Management for maintenance assistance. Please note: If maintenance staff finds that the disposal was damaged due to the presence of inappropriate objects (e.g., silverware, coins, vegetable peelings etc.) the repair will be billed to the tenant.
Proper garbage disposal use: Use a strong flow of cold water and keep it running at least 30 seconds after noise of grinding has stopped to flush all food particles through the drain line. Always use cold water when operating the disposer to solidify fatty and greasy wastes so they will be chopped up and flushed down the drain. Do not grind bones, or fibrous materials as corn husks, artichokes, onion skins, celery or peelings, such as potato or cucumber as these easily clog the drain. Do not put uncooked fat off meat into disposal as it may clog. Do not pour liquid fats down line. Do not put coffee grounds or eggshells into the disposal.
A few other things you are responsible maintaining +
- Testing and changing batteries in smoke detectors and/or carbon monoxide detectors
- Pest control
- Changing or cleaning furnace/AC filters (forced air and/or central air units only)
- Irrigating and maintaining any surrounding grounds, lawns and shrubbery, including snow removal for sidewalk and driveway (unless otherwise noted in your lease)
|CONCERN:||Things to check before calling maintenance:|
|Smoke detector won’t work when tested||Replace battery, is still doesn’t work, notify us|
|Smoke detector beeps softly on and off||Replace battery|
|No power to plugs or switches||Check and reset GFI plug, check if plug works off wall, check breaker panel or fuse box|
|No hot water or hot water “too hot”||Checker thermostat on water tank|
|Faucet or toilet leaks||Turn off water fixture and notify us|
|Toilet or sink plugged||Try plunger|
|No heat||Check thermostat, check pilot light|
|Dishwasher won’t drain||Clean food out of bottom of dishwasher|
|Refrigerator too warm or too cold||Check thermostat (it takes 24hours to correct)|
|In case of freezing weather||Disconnect all outside hoses. Leave water dripping hot and cold on faucets inside. Leave cupboard and pantry doors open where pipes are, do not turn thermostat off or below 60 if going out of town.|
|Frozen pipes||NEVER USE OPEN FLAME to try to thaw|
|Garbage disposal doesn’t work||If you don’t hear a hum, try pushing the red reset button on the bottom of the disposal.|