Contact Us Today

Office: (970) 245-1133
Google Plus Logo

Tenant FAQs

Answers to your common questions

When is the rent due each month?
Rent is due on the first of each month, and is late if we do not receive it by the fourth of the month, meaning late charges will apply starting the fifth of each month. 

How can I pay my rent?
You may mail your rent check or money order to Premier Property Management, 1000 N 9th St., Suite 8, Grand Junction, CO  81501, or you can drop it by the office anytime.  We do have a mail slot for after hour payments. 

Pay your rent online with an echeck (bank routing number and checking account number are needed).

I have always paid my rent on time. Why did I receive a 3-day notice when the rent was only 7 days late?
 The rent is due on the first of the month.  If the rent is not posted in our office by the seventh we serve a 3-day notice. 

I am an excellent tenant and take good care of the home. Can you waive my late charges?
No.  Premier Property Management does not waive late charges.  Fair Housing laws require that we treat all our tenants equally.  We do not decide if one tenant is more deserving than another of paying late charges.  We enforce late charges across the board. 

What do I do if I have a maintenance issue?

 If you need routine maintenance during our regular business hours (Monday – Friday; 9:00 am – 5:00 pm) please call our office or submit a request online and we contact our vendors to address the issue.  To report emergency maintenance after hours, weekends or holidays please call our after-hours maintenance emergency number (970-528-1258).  Please remember that the after-hours number is for EMERGENCY’S ONLY, (an emergency is defined as a sudden, urgent, usually unexpected occurrence or occasion requiring immediate action) if you have a maintenance that is necessary, but can wait until the next day, call our office and leave the message on the office line.  The following are examples of maintenance emergencies; the main sewer line is backed up, flood (uncontrolled running water), no heat (when below 40 degrees in the winter), there was a break-in and you have an unsecured entrance to the home, fire (call 911 immediately), open gas line (call Xcel immediately 800-895-4999).

Can I be charged for maintenance at the property?
Yes, if the maintenance is discovered to be caused by tenant/guest damage or neglect, you will be charged.   Also, you can be billed for a service call if you miss an appointment with one of our maintenance contractors.

My electrical outlet doesn't work. What do I do?
A GFCI is a red "reset" button found on electrical outlets in rooms with water sources (such as kitchens and bathrooms). If there is a power overload, the button will pop out and disconnect the power to that outlet as well as all others in the room. In order to restore power, simply press the black "test" button and then the red "reset" button. If this does not work, please see below. If that does not work, please contact us.

I lost power in a certain area in my apartment. What do I do?
Most properties have their own circuit breaker behind an access panel usually located either in the hallway, one of the bedrooms or outside. The various areas are labeled. If you have lost power to a certain area in your unit, you can flip the switch for that area off and back on (or simply on, if it had been switched off). If this does not work, please notify us right away and we will send a maintenance worker to repair the problem.

What should I do if my drain is clogged or toilet is stopped-up?
These methods are commonly used to open up a clogged drain: Plunger - Be sure the plunger's suction cup is large enough to cover the drain opening. Fill the clogged basin with enough water to cover the plunger cup. Use wet rags to block any outlets (such as a sink overflow) and create a vacuum. Plunge with 15 to 20 strong strokes once you have a tight seal. Chemicals - Don't use chemicals! These chemicals will burn your skin. If they sit in a stagnant drain, you'll have to find a way to remove both the chemicals and the blockage. Chemicals can also damage metal pipes!

My toilet/sink is overflowing. What do I do?
In the event of a toilet overflow or other leak, find the shutoff valve at the base of the toilet or under the sink, and turn the water off at the source. Refer to a clogged drain or stopped – up toilet. 

Are pets allowed, and if so, what else do I need to know?
You were rented the home with the knowledge that you did/did not have a pet.  You may not acquire a pet after you move in.  If a pet is found at the property, a Notice and Demand for Compliance with the lease terms will be issued.  In addition, a violation fee will be imposed until we verify that the pet is no longer on the property. 

Do I need Renter’s Insurance?
Renter's insurance is not required, but is highly recommended. The owner's policy only covers the dwelling, not the tenant's personal belongings, medical, or liability insurance. For this reason, it would be a great idea to obtain renter's insurance upon moving in.

Can I install cable or satellite TV at the property?
Generally yes. However, you must first obtain written permission from Premier Property Management.  Some properties may be prohibited from installing a satellite dish in any location where the dish is visible from the ground or from any other unit in the area. Any cost of installation is an expense of the tenant. Any damages to the property caused by the installation will be the responsibility of the tenant. Satellite dishes may not be installed on the roof or attached the building.

Can I install extra telephone lines?
Generally yes. However, you must also obtain written permission from Premier Property Management to do this. All costs of installing extra phone lines are the responsibility of the tenant as well as any damages caused by the installation.

What are my responsibilities if my company transfers me before the end of the lease?
All leases are for a set period of time. If you are transferred, ask your company what assistance they will provide if you need to "break a lease". Let us know what is happening as soon as possible so we can begin marketing the property for a replacement tenant.  You however, are still responsible for all rent payments until we are able to re-rent the property.  We also charge a release fee.

Can I sub-lease the property?
No.  The lease agreement clearly states that the tenant shall not sublet any portion of the property or assign the agreement without prior written consent from Premier Property Management.

Common maintenance issues:


If you leave your keys inside your home, please call a roommate to let you in. If this is not an option, you may pick up a key at our office.  If it is after hours or weekends, you will need to contact a locksmith.

Appliances +

We have included some information on the specific appliances that can be found in your apartment, condo, or single family home. Hopefully this will answer some of the questions you may have about operating them.

  • Dishwasher - The most common requests for dishwasher repairs are due to paper, food, new dish labels, broken glass, etc. collecting in the dishwasher's drain that prevent it from draining properly. This can cause water to pool in the base of the machine and leak from the sides. You can prevent this by periodically checking the drain on the bottom of the machine and clearing it of debris. Also, be sure to peel labels off of new dishware before placing it in the dishwasher.
  • Refrigerator - If the light bulb burns out, unscrew it and bring it to any hardware store to find an identical replacement.  If it becomes necessary to defrost your refrigerator, use the defrost cycle and let it defrost in its own time.  Rushing the process with a knife or an ice pick may result in damage for which you have to pay.  Be sure to clean up the water after defrosting.
  • Garbage Disposal - The most common request for a not working disposal when switched ON, is a reset button located on disposal unit usually at the bottom needs to be pushed in.
  • There usually is a jam inside of the disposal causing the wheel and blades and motor to not operate.
    • Make sure disposal is off and unplugged before reaching into drain. With a pair of tongs or long wooden spoons remove loose debris from inside the disposal. After extracting any items (if any) use tongs/spoons to turn inside rotating wheel and blades to move freely, if it does not move and free jam, call for maintenance.  . Under the sink on the bottom side of the disposal unit, there is a red reset button. Press it. Run a slow stream of water and then attempt to restart disposal. If this does not work, call Premier Property Management for maintenance assistance. Please note: If maintenance staff finds that the disposal was damaged due to the presence of inappropriate objects (e.g., silverware, coins, vegetable peelings etc.) the repair will be billed to the tenant.

Proper garbage disposal use:  Use a strong flow of cold water and keep it running at least 30 seconds after noise of grinding has stopped to flush all food particles through the drain line.  Always use cold water when operating the disposer to solidify fatty and greasy wastes so they will be chopped up and flushed down the drain.  Do not grind bones, or fibrous materials as corn husks, artichokes, onion skins, celery or peelings, such as potato or cucumber as these easily clog the drain. Do not put uncooked fat off meat into disposal as it may clog. Do not pour liquid fats down line.  Do not put coffee grounds or eggshells into the disposal.

A few other things you are responsible maintaining +

  • Testing and changing batteries in smoke detectors and/or carbon monoxide detectors
  • Pest control
  • Changing or cleaning furnace/AC filters (forced air and/or central air units only)
  • Irrigating and maintaining any surrounding grounds, lawns and shrubbery, including snow removal for sidewalk and driveway (unless otherwise noted in your lease)
CONCERN: Things to check before calling maintenance:
Smoke detector won’t work when tested Replace battery, is still doesn’t work, notify us
Smoke detector beeps softly on and off Replace battery
No power to plugs or switches Check and reset GFI plug, check if plug works off wall, check breaker panel or fuse box
No hot water or hot water “too hot” Checker thermostat on water tank
Faucet or toilet leaks Turn off water fixture and notify us
Toilet or sink plugged Try plunger
No heat Check thermostat, check pilot light
Dishwasher won’t drain Clean food out of bottom of dishwasher
Refrigerator too warm or too cold Check thermostat (it takes 24hours to correct)
In case of freezing weather Disconnect all outside hoses.  Leave water dripping hot and cold on faucets inside.  Leave cupboard and pantry doors open where pipes are, do not turn thermostat off or below 60 if going out of town.
Frozen pipes NEVER USE OPEN FLAME to try to thaw
Garbage disposal doesn’t work If you don’t hear a hum, try pushing the red reset button on the bottom of the disposal.
Grand Junction Property Management Link
Grand Junction Homes for Rent Link
Tenant Resources Link

Have a Question or Need More Information? Contact Us

Stay Connected With Us   Google Plus Logo

NARPM Logo Equal Housing Oppportunity Logo

Our Office
Fax 970-245-1176
1000 N 9th Street, Suite 8
Grand Junction, CO 81501

Copyright © 22222222 Property Management. All Rights Reserved. Website built by PMW | Tenant Screening provided by RentScreener | Sitemap

Property Manager Websites is committed to ensuring that its website is accessible to people with disabilities. All the pages on our website will meet W3C WAI's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, Level A conformance. Any issues should be reported to Website Accessibility Policy