Move Out Procedures
If you are planning to move and your lease has expired, in accordance with your rental agreement you are required to give 30 days’ written notice. The link below is provided for this purpose; please fill it out and send it to the office when your moving plans are confirmed. Upon receipt of your notice, we will begin looking for a new tenant. Obviously, we will have to let prospective tenants see your home in order to rent it. We realize that this is an inconvenience, and we will make every effort to find a new tenant quickly with a minimum bother to you. If your notice is less than 30 days, you will still be responsible for the rent for 30 days or until the property is re-rented. If the property is re-rented during the 30 days for which you have paid rent, we will return that portion of your money.
Security Deposit Refunds:
There is often misunderstanding surrounding security deposits. A security deposit is a sum of money placed with the owner to illustrate the Tenants’ intention to live in the unit in compliance with the terms of his/her rental agreement. It is not the owners’ intent to be unfair or unjust as relates to the return of your security deposit.
For return of your entire security deposit please comply with the following:
- Reside in the complex for the full term of your rental agreement
- Provide a written notice of intent to vacate thirty (30) days prior to vacating
- No damage to property beyond normal wear and tear
- Upon vacating be sure to clean the entire unit:
- Unit must be completely free of trash and all dust
- Appliances (underneath also), stove top burners and drip pans, range hood & exhaust fans, top of refrigerator and stove must be spotless
- Cupboards, drawers, kitchen counters & sinks must be wiped out and cleaned
- Bathroom(s) to include tub, tub tile, sinks, toilets, plumbing fixtures, mirrors, exhaust fans and closets
- Spot wash walls, doors, baseboards, heat registers, light fixtures, switches/outlets
- Windows, window tracks, window coverings/blinds
- Furnace room, laundry and garage/carport
- Patio, deck, storage closet/shed must be swept and free from debris and trash
- Fireplaces must be cleaned out and dust free
- All light fixtures must be cleaned & light bulbs must be in working order and of the same style
- Furnace/AC filters must be clean and/or replaced
- Nails need to be removed from walls – Do not fill nail holes
- Mow lawn if applicable, and remove all debris and trash from inside and out and place in proper rubbish containers
- Carpet is to be commercially shampooed when you move out by a TRUCK MOUNTED STEAM CLEANING UNIT. If you arrange carpet shampooing, please provide us with a copy of the receipt, otherwise we will schedule the work to be done.
- All smoke detectors must be left in working condition
You will be charged rent until keys are returned to the office or to the Premier Property Management representative that does a walk through with you.
Please be assured that it is not our policy to keep any portion of your deposit without good reason. We hope that you will leave the property clean and undamaged so that we can refund all your money and don’t have to go to the expense and bother of having cleaning and repairs done. If you have any questions, please call the office. We will inspect the property as soon as possible after you turn in your keys. If you would like to schedule a walk-through inspection, please call our office at least 48 hours before the day you would like the inspection. The unit must be completely vacant and cleaning finished for the inspection to be done, if this is not done the inspection will have to be re-scheduled at the convenience of the Premier Property Management representative doing the inspection. Please bring cleaning rags & cleaner to do any touch up cleaning found during the inspection.
Per your lease we are required to render an accounting of your deposit within 60 days after you turn in your keys. We realize that moving is expensive, and we make every effort to do this as soon as possible, but in no event should you expect a refund and accounting immediately at your forwarding address.
NOTE: THERE IS A FEE (UP TO $500.00) FOR RE-RENTING YOUR UNIT WHILE YOU ARE STILL UNDER A LEASE OBLIGATION. IT WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE PROPERTY MANAGER AND CHARGED AGAINST YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT. ANY ADVERTISING TO EXPEDITE RE-RENTAL WILL ALSO BE CHARGED TO YOU.
ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR DEPOSIT NEED TO BE DISCUSSED WHEN YOU VACATE, NOT AFTER WE HAVE CONTRACTED FOR CLEANING AND/OR REPAIRS. NO EXCEPTIONS.